Thursday, October 22, 2009

Live Food Humus

Here is a yummy Humus from the Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine DVD. This DVD explains the self-composting button we all have and what to do to stop it. This DVD is a great introduction to Gabriel Cousen's life-work and has video instructions on some good recipes.

I soak and sprout about 6 cups of almonds at a time so I nearly always have some on hand. I ran out of lemons and substituted 2 tablespoons of lime for lemon juice and it tasted fine to me. I also used ground white pepper instead of black because I was out of black. I understand white peppercorns are the ripe version of peppercorns.

Amazingly, I managed to make this in my old regular blender by blending about 1/3rd at a time and stopping and scraping down often.

The kids liked it and had some with regular crackers, sliced cucumbers and sliced zucchini. This would be a great pate' for lettuce rollups or nori rolls.


Humus


2 C almonds, soaked overnight
1 C sesame seeds
5 T lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
1 C water
2 T olive oil
1 T cumin
1 t celtic sea salt
1 t ground black pepper

Blend in a high speed blender or in a food processor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment