Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 8, 9 &10 Cyndi's Nirahara Samyama Diary: Last Days of Level 2

On Day 8, I stopped at food co-op and found it difficult to think of what to get to actually make for the family or have on hand for me to eat for my upcoming day of food. I feel it would just be nice not to have to bother with food sometimes, both during and outside of this process.

My head and heart were in my business on Day 9, and I was home all day. I got up early and did practices and exercises. I made good progress on the business planning I am doing, which is a heart-based process with a leading healer/business coach.  

Today I had a rewarding session working on my heart-based personal mission statement and am feeling pretty good about that. To do this process during the Nirahara Samyama is perfect: I certainly didn't plan it that way as I learned about the coaching program a day before the registration closed and chose to jump in even though I'd already committed to joining the July batch of the samyama. 

I wasn't thirsty for anything other than water until after 1pm. When I am eating, I typically drink only water in the mornings until my first meal around noon.  I did feel a bit hungry in the afternoon, as I made an Indian-style dinner for the family and it smelled good.

On Day 10, the 7th day of Level 2 of the Nirahara Samyama, I was just plain hungry. It would be nice to not make food for others during this process, but I do enjoy food preparation for others more when I am doing this process or fasting. I think I enjoy it more while fasting, as drinking liquids still has an attachment to food and when I've fasted, food really becomes just an object after about the 4th day and making food for others becomes an enjoyable creative activity.

I probably didn't drink enough today with a bit of driving around and it's been very hot. I do use a small insulated cooler with an icepack to carry juices with me.

The most challenging thing to get used to on this process is to always have some liquid nearby, to keep the belly full. And, to remember you can chant ajapa japa for a few minutes or do the Kriya breathing to get nourishment of a different sort.

What I did on Days 8, 9 & 10 Nirahara Samyama:
- Day 5, 6, & 7 of Level 2, 7 days on Liquids

Drink or Eat

(Didn't keep the best records these days)
Structured Water and DE Structured Water
Neem leaf powder (1/4 tsp w/ 1/4 tsp structured water)
Organic Carrot and Evolution Fresh Tangerine juices
Chai tea

Activities Day 8, 9 & 10
Surya Namaskar
108 Ajapa Japa "Om Shreem Nithyanandaya Namaha"
21min Kriya Breathing
Business Planning and work
small bit of gardening
Took car to get fixed, picked up son from school

Watched:
Missed satsang on Day 9 as I just plain forgot. Bummed as Swamiji was live that day. I set my alarm to repeat at 6:20pm daily so I don't miss any more satsangs! I did watch the replay in the morning, on the 10th.

For an introduction to the Nirahara Samyama process, read the first post of this diary here. For all the posts in this series, go here: Nirahara Samyama Diary July 2015

0 comments:

Post a Comment