Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Days 12-14 Cyndi's Nirahara Samyama Diary: The Sacred Banyan Tree


Swami Nithyananda gives a breathing exercise for the Nirahara's to "live off of" the elevated energies of his ashram with a focus on being the sacred Banyan Tree which is considered to be the guiding spirit of the ashram. The instructions for the Nirahara Samyama Kriya for levels 1,2 and 3 are:
Sit in a comfortable Asana (Padmasana/Ardha Padmasana/Vajrasana) and breathe in (inhale) through both the nostrils and mouth together simultaneously and hold it judiciously as long as possible and visualize you are Bidadi Banyan Tree receiving your food and energy from space. Breathe out (exhale) from both nostrils slowly. Do this for 21 minutes.
I like this picture of Nithyananda and the Dakshinamurti ("the first-ever guru, the incarnation of Lord Shiva") for the devotion he shows, which reminds me to feel devotion in connecting with this sacred tree I haven't met yet. According to Bfoodfree.org, "The sacred Banyan tree at the Master’s abode, is revered as a hub for cosmic energy. The Banyan tree meditation is like a life support system for us Niraharis."

Over these 11 days of only liquids, I intend to connect more with the Banyan tree.

These three days have been relatively uneventful. I did make my own juices and much prefer these to the purchased juices. I am not convinced that any of them are truly healthy. I had thought a few of them weren't pasteurized, but am now skeptical and intend to really research the brands I have available to me before I do another Nirahara Samyama.

I made 3/4 gallon of juice with spinach, beet root and greens, carrot, cucumber, a whole bunch of celery, and an apple in a Green Star juicer I "caretake" for a friend who lives most of the year in Mexico.

I've been enjoying making my own nut milks again. To make a higher omega 3 milk, I am using about 3/4 C of walnuts with 1/4 C of hemp seeds and a pitted date. I use about 4-5 C of structured water, "milk" that in the nut milk bag, pour that out equally into two quart juice jars then put the pulp back in the blender with another 3 and a bit C of water and blend again. I milk it again in the nut milk bag and pour it out equally into the two juice jars. This is the economical version! I am using a Kitchen Aid blender, which is 600HP, but decidedly NOT a high speed blender; it does a good enough job though!

On the first day of Level 3, a Sunday, I actually hung out at Starbuck's in Yelm with a friend. I had a mocha with coconut milk, mainly because a bit of coffee helps clean my bowels out. I only get a 1/2 a shot. My friend gave me a bit of her coffee also and the effect of the extra caffeine (or whatever substance seems to help with cleanouts) helped!

I've been trying to catch live satsangs or replays and there were not very many live satsangs yet and hence, no replays. When that happens I choose a video from the archive of satsangs on the Nithyananda.org website.

The video I chose for Day 14 was: Paramahamsa Nithyananda Shares His Enlightenment Experience.

What I did on Days 12-14 Nirahara Samyama:
- Days 1-3 of Level 3


Drink or Eat
Structured Water and DE Structured Water
Neem leaf powder (1/4 tsp w/ 1/4 tsp structured water)
[Yup, still haven't been having the Haritaki!]
Juice made celery, cuke, beet, spinach, apple,
Kombucha
Ginger master brew
Chai tea
Walnut/hemp milk with bit of cacao and xyitol
Raw soup, various veggies on hand, in blender

Activities

Chanting 108 Ajapa Japa "Om Shreem Nithyanandaya Namaha"
Watered Garden
Cooked for family (raw for husband; meat & egg for teen)
Business planning
Short walks
Blogging
Watched a live satsang, replay or video

For an introduction to the Nirahara Samyama process, read the first post of this diary here. For all the posts in this series, go here: Nirahara Samyama Diary July 2015

0 comments:

Post a Comment